Looking for innovative health and wellness course materials?
We offer an online curriculum that equips students with knowledge and skills to live healthy* lives during college and beyond.
As fellow educators, we recognize significant time and resources are needed to develop high–quality online course materials. We help by providing:
By offering this class, the university is investing in students’ health and ultimately helps them succeed. I am a better, more capable person as a result of enrolling in this course and participating.—Success Over Stress student
... I’m hard-pressed to name another class I’ve taken that has taught me so much about the real world around me, and given me tools to use in everyday life.—Alcohol & College Life student
Because of this course I’ve actually begun to set health related goals instead of just wanting to be more healthy, but not knowing how to go about it.—Sleep, Eat & Exercise student
I have never had a class that was so inclusive until now, it was wonderful.—Sexuality Matters student
Health and Wellness Curriculum
Alcohol & College Life
Insight for all students to balance social life and academics and make safe decisions
Skills necessary to create healthy relationships, advocate for sexual health and foster inclusivity
Sleep, Eat & Exercise
Self–care and time management strategies to prioritize a healthy and balanced lifestyle
Success Over Stress
Tools to recognize symptoms and develop strategies to proactively prevent and manage stress
Preview the Online Lesson Features*
*Rothenberger Institute lessons use adaptive learning technologies powered by Link opens in a new windowCogBooks
Flexible Implementation Options
Each offering within our health and wellness curriculum was designed as an entirely online, 1–credit, elective undergraduate course. Here are some other ways you could use our materials:
- online component of a hybrid/blended course
- assigned eTextbook for an existing course
- component of a 2, 3, or 4–credit course
- custom combination of
selected modules from the curriculum
- first–year experience or college success course
- component of a program or graduation requirement
- component of a college–prep
or readiness program
Why Educators Adopt Our Curriculum
Confidence In The Curriculum
- From a top-ranked
school of public health
- Theory–based and evidence–informed
- Accurate and up–to–date
- Learner-centered and inclusive
- Aligned learning objectives, content, and assessments
- Assignments that foster critical thinking, problem–solving, and skill–building
Innovative Learning Technology
- Engaging and easy–to–navigate online lessons accessible 24/7 from a desktop, laptop, or mobile device
- Customized school branding, instructor information, and campus-specific resources
- Materials compatible with any LMS
- Universal design for diverse learning preferences and abilities
- Get Started Checklist and Course Setup Guide addressing FAQs
- Sample course syllabus and schedule
- Ready–to–use assignments and quiz question banks
- Exceptional customer service and technical support
97% of students would recommend the course to others. Word of mouth is our #1 mode of recruitment.
The odds of a first‐year student who took one of our courses returning for a second year of study was 10.9 times the odds of a first‐year student who didn’t take one of our courses.
98% of students indicated improvement in behaviors related to the course topics.
Our Package and Pricing
- Customized online lessons/eTextbook
- Quiz question banks
- Assignment templates
- Sample course syllabus and schedule
Implementation Materials And Customer Support
- Educator consultation and support
- Get Started Checklist with suggested steps and timeline
- Course Setup Guide addressing FAQs
- Marketing templates to generate student interest and enrollment
- Tech Hub Website for student support
- Peer Course Facilitator Training materials, if applicable
Each 1–credit course or equivalent package costs approximately $65 per student. We’ll partner with you to address your needs and expected student enrollment. We can accommodate a variety of payment methods, depending on what works best for your institution and students.
Have a unique need? We offer additional course customization and service options such as building your course site in your LMS or incorporating custom images into your lessons.
Schools We’re Serving
Over 50,000 students have taken our health and wellness courses.
- Link opens in a new window2018 Minnesota eLearning Summit Innovation Excellence Award
- Link opens in a new windowOnline Learning Consortium’s Effective Practice Award
- Link opens in a new windowACHA’s Best Professional Practice Poster Award
- Link opens in a new windowUniversity of Minnesota’s Gender and Sexuality Center for Queer and Trans Life Leadership & Service Award
- Link opens in a new windowThe BACCHUS Initiatives of NASPA’s Innovative Use of Technology Award
- Link opens in a new windowE–Learn World Conference on E–learning’s Outstanding Poster Award
- Link opens in a new windowOutstanding Public Health Impact Award
About The Rothenberger Institute
The Rothenberger Institute was founded in 2011 to carry on the legacy of Jim Rothenberger. He was a faculty member of the University of Minnesota’s School of Public Health from 1972 to 2008 and a recipient of the University’s highest honor for teaching—the Morse–Alumni Distinguished Teaching Award. He was not only a beloved teacher and colleague, but also a pioneer in online learning and curriculum licensing—not to mention the mastermind behind our Alcohol & College Life course.
Housed within the University of Minnesota School of Public Health, the Rothenberger Institute team includes health educators, wellness coaches, instructional designers, media specialists, evaluators, and peer educators. We promote healthy, safe, and thriving college communities beyond our own campus by partnering with educators and administrators across the nation through cost–effective licensing of our curriculum.